Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Blogging Challenge

With students arriving back to school this week, I was reminded of the challenge ahead of me with posting weekly updates on the blog? Where does it fall on the priority list and where does the time come from? Given the list of items that need immediate attention with the job, the blog falls to the middle of the list (at best). The time will have to be on weekends such as Sunday mornings like now. With that said, I feel like it is a worthwhile endeavor and needs to be done. Not for the sake of earth shattering importance of what I am saying but the notion of online communication and setting the directions for where I want to go with 2.0 technologies in the future. Twitter falls into this same category as I have been letting the school based tweets slip a bit but want to post a couple on a daily basis describing what I am seeing around the school. Tweets can be accessed at

http://twitter.com/JBurkeBT


I went into some classrooms this week and saw some good things happening. Lots of positive interactions between teachers and students. This week I will be going into classrooms to give students a presentation on the ABC's of Bay Trail and review behavioral expectations. Parents, please review these expectations with your child. These are in the front of the student planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment