Monday, August 9, 2010

Teaching, Learning, and Technology Conference -

Are you willing to be part of the conversation?

Summer provides more time than the academic school year to focus on my learning and reflect on where I am in my educational journey. Last week I attended the TLT conference for a few days to take in some sessions on how certain technology tools can engage students in the classroom and assist me in my job as House Principal. I also was given the opportunity to present a session with Winton Buddington, Bay Trail Principal, on administration 2.0. We detailed our respective journeys with 2.0 to date and also discussed how we are using these tools at Bay Trail. Both the consuming and presenting portions went well and it was nice to see a number of other Bay Trail and Penfield staff there. What I have learned more than anything in going to these "technology" conferences is that it is not always about knowing the latest technology or being comfortable with it. The critical piece is to be willing to be part of the conversation about how technology tools can be used to better engage students and improve learning. So, how willing are you to be part of that conversation?

1 comment:

  1. I was also at the TLT conference and thought it was great. I went to a session called "Herding Cats." During this session we skyped with a High School principal from New Jersey. He has completely embraced social networking as a way to build his personal learning community. His site is listed below and is worth a visit. Enjoy!

    http://www.ericsheninger.com/esheninger

    ReplyDelete