Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Unplugged

While vacationing with the family in Ocean City, I found it very difficult to connect to the wired world outside of my phone due to access. Outside of checking emails infrequently, my attention was turned to the ocean in front of me and my kids playing in it. It proved to be a nice respite from the constant information I seek. My wife was right when she suggested I unplug for a bit. My thoughts turned to reflection on the past school year, how big my kids are getting, my wife and our relationship, goals for the next year in the dimensions of physical, mental, spiritual, and social emotional, and hopes and dreams. My mental map is a lot more clear for the year ahead. With that said, I have enjoyed getting back to check my Google Reader for updates on some of my favorite blogs. Ancora Impario is a new one I have found to be interesting and added to my reader. School work this first week back has focused on looking through applications, sifting through English material needing to be organized, and planning in areas I am responsible for. A

No comments:

Post a Comment