Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thoughts on Washington D.C.

It is now a couple weeks after the eighth grade trip and I am finally getting a chance to share out on the experience. The last time I went with Bay Trail students was probably 8 or 9 years ago B.C. (before children). Now as an administrator, the experience is different. Students on my bus and overall were observed to be excellent. I watched closely our students compared to other large groups and BT stood out with their exemplary behavior. Way to go! Bay Trail staff do a wonderful job keeping the students engaged in all the sites Washington has to offer. Being so busy leads to fewer behavior problems. It is a rigorous pace, especially observable at nightly staff meetings in looking at tired faces. I have to admit, I am much more of a morning person so was probably not peaking during these meetings starting after 10. Trip directions do a wonderful job with the preparation that goes into the trip and making sure all runs smoothly while down there. It is a wonderful experience for both students and staff and hopefully one that the kids will remember for a lifetime. If interested, I posted updates on my twitter page if you would like to view at JBurkeBT@twitter.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a tremendous trip. Any particular highlights or "ah-ha" moments from students during some of the historical sites tours?

    Remind me to show you how to embed photos or video in your posts.

    Just a quick correction on your Twitter stream... you can check it out at this web address (URL) - http://www.twitter.com/JBurkeBT.

    ReplyDelete